With a view to fostering the individual advancement of our employees, all members of staff have the opportunity to take part in an annual performance review with their direct supervisor. During this review the employee's performance is evaluated according to higher-level, company-specific criteria, and issues relating to cooperation and the scope of tasks as well as the goals and professional development of the individual employee are explored at length. Participation in this review is optional for the member of staff, although we recommend an annual cycle of performance reviews.
The implementation rate for performance reviews at the Hannover location is around 90% per year. The remaining 10% can be attributed primarily to employees who voluntarily omit the performance review.
In order to maintain and improve our company's good culture of leadership and communication, a process has been put in place to give feedback to all executives. This management feedback enables employees to give their supervisor feedback on his or her leadership behaviour as they experience it in a semi-anonymous process (anonymous questionnaire and subsequent discussion within the team). In addition, executives are in turn evaluated by their direct supervisor in relation to their leadership performance. Appropriate supportive measures are agreed with the executive following completion of the management feedback process.
In 2018 altogether almost 50 executives on various managerial levels took part in the management feedback process. The remaining executives will be included in the upcoming implementation rounds. We offer all (new) executives not only the opportunity to attend a range of leadership seminars but also individual coaching support tailored to their needs.