Our members of staff have the opportunity to take part in an annual performance review with their direct supervisor. During this review the employee's performance is evaluated according to company-specific criteria, and issues relating to cooperation and the scope of tasks as well as the goals and professional development of the individual employee are explored at length. Participation in this review is optional for the member of staff, although we recommend an annual cycle of performance reviews. The implementation rate for performance reviews at the Hannover location was 92% in 2017. The remaining 8% consists primarily of employees who voluntarily omitted the performance review.
With a view to maintaining and improving our company's good culture of leadership and communication, a process has been put in place to give all executives feedback on their performance as managers. This management feedback enables employees to give their supervisor feedback on his or her leadership behaviour as they experience it in a semi-anonymous process (anonymous questionnaire and subsequent discussion within the team). In addition, executives are in turn evaluated by their direct supervisor in relation to their leadership performance. Appropriate supportive measures are agreed with the executive following completion of the management feedback process.
Management feedback was put on hold in the years 2015 – 2017 owing to the overlap with issues relating to the international employee survey. We nevertheless offer all (new) executives not only the opportunity to attend a range of leadership seminars but also individual coaching support tailored to their needs.